A temporary sigh of relief!
The breathing treatment worked and his stats are improving. He still requires high amounts of oxygen support but for the moment we are ok.
We still don’t know on the blood work. If it comes back not so great we are still getting transferred. If his breathing worsens again we are still looking at high flow and transferring.
I feel as if we are holding our breathe yet trying to breathe for him at the same time. Have you ever seen an over active 18 month old just roll over and pass out in the middle of the day while in the middle of conversation? …. I have. It’s scary.
The hours tick by. He’s still doing relatively ok.
Finally the answer to blood work…. it’s normal. Thank goodness. For now we get stay put.
-get oxygen down to 1/2 liter or none
-get fever gone
-get the wee man to drink enough fluids to not require an IV
-no longer require the hospital grade suction from the wall – aka manage with a nose frida or a bulb syringe
A couple surprise visits (including his primary NICU nurse) and a few days of lots of work and more breathing treatments we managed all the goals and got to home.